Trisha Leigh Solyn
|Production Title||My Role||Type||Skills/Attributes|
|Its All Been Arranged||Director of Photography||
|Shot 6-10 pages a day, over 30 locations in 28 days.|
|Limelight||Director of Photography||Feature
|Lit subjects with specialized gel and color balancing technique.|
|Square Grouper||Director of Photography||Feature HVX w/ 35 adapter||Lit and operated interviews for 2 cameras with constant dolly movement.|
|Moving Forward||Director of Photography||Short Red One
|Shot in working City Mayors office. Magic hour shots. And major Steadicam follows.|
|Fat Girls Can’t Dance||Director of Photography||Short EX3 w/ 35 adapter||Worked with plus sized actress for glamour lighting.|
|24 Hours||Director of Photography||Short Red One
|Worked with specialized swing and shift lenses and helium lighting balloons.|
|Daughters of Lilith||Director of Photography||Short HVX 35mm adapter||Worked in delicate religious facilities causing no damage. Jib and steadicam shots in interior locations.|
|Honor in the Valley of Tears||Director of Photography||Feature Doc
|Interviewed war veterans about sensitive subject matter.|
|New Now Next: Uh Huh Her||Director of Photography||LOGO TV Hvx 200||Worked with high profile celebrities, ran multi camera setup, lit for multiple cameras.|
|New Now Next: Cindy Lauper||Director of Photography||
|Worked with high profile celebrities, ran multi camera setup, lit for multiple cameras.|
|TAB Video||Director of Photography||Music Video
|Created a Table top lighting effect on the performing band.|
|Director of Photography||Music Video
|Worked with multiple jib and dolly moves. Shot entire video in 10 hrs.|
|Go Fish||Director of Photography||Short Film
|Worked night for day, reflection shots.|
|Terminal D||Director of Photography||Short Film
|Worked in small location apartments in NYNight Exteriors|
|Puma: Run||Director of Photography||35mm spec commercial||Steady cam shots, exteriors in New York, CGI.|
|Twigged||Director of Photography|| Short Film
|Day for Night, High Key lighting, completed
on super low budget
|Sugar Free Kiss||Director of Photography|| Coke Commercial
|Part of the Refreshing Filmmakers contest finalists. Can be viewed online at www.ccrfa. com|
|Vignettes||Director of Photography||Short Film
|Brought in after production was 2 days behind schedule. By end of my first day we were 1/2 a day ahead of schedule.|
- New York Film Academy Camera Teacher / Camera Director
Arri-S and DVX100
Planned activities for over 300 students in the program, assisted students on set and on location with filmmaking, oversaw the safety and security of students, handled disciplinary actions. Planned lessons, made handouts and ran a staff of 30 counselors and 25 teachers. Dealt with student’s personal issues and housing. Trained teachers and TA’s for classes and shoots. Taught proper checkout and maintenance of gear to staff and students.
- Relationships in America Creative Development / DP
DP Canon GL-1 + GL2
Produced, filmed and logged over 75 hours of interviews regarding Intimate Relationships. Based on material filmed and input from 2 Leading Psychologists, I developed the content for and edited together a 2 hour documentary on the Psychology of Intimate Relationships. It’s purpose is for classroom use and will be released by WW Norton Publishing.
- NEWS ENG Director of Photography
All Formats (HD, SD, and Film)
Worked with a team of directors on news stories airing on PBS, LOGO, MTV, etc. Responsible for Lighting, Camera Operation, and Sound capture. Involved in the creation of the stories, and the selection of shots. Events include a Fashion Show, a UCLA Alumni Football game, Interviews with celebrities, B Roll, bumpers, throws, and undercover footage.
- Artists Den Cinematographer/Camera Operator
Operator on live music performances for upcoming groups such as Regina Spektor and HEM. These segments were later cut as videos and aired on Television.
- Yo Productions Cinematographer
Director of Photography and Camera operator for a multi-camera reality tv show that followed 13 Miss Teen Latina US pageant contestants. Included behind the scenes footage and performance footage of the show featuring pop group “C-Note”.
Archie Hernandez: Producer/Director
“Trisha is a pleasure to work with under even the most stressful of circumstances. She is able to work quickly without sacrificing quality. She works with limited resources and budget and still provides a professional and high quality product.”
Jimmy Lester: Producer/Director for Artists Den
“Trisha is truly a professional. She is hardworking, dedicated, and a quick learner. Her intelligence and humor are why people enjoying working with her and for her. She has a great eye and unlimited potential.”
Thomas Bradbury: Producer of Relationships in America
“Trisha continually comes up with answers to problems that seem unsolvable. She is able to predict what is needed before it is asked for. She has a great sense of cinematic style and a love of story. She’s not afraid to take risks.”
Runs a department to maximum efficiency with humor and safety
Continually praised for speed and accuracy
Strong background in film production and post production for both film and digital formats.
Able to achieve results with little or no supervision
University of California at Los Angeles (1998- 2002)
BA Film and Television 3.667 GPA
New York University (2005-2008)
- Aaton 35, Arri 35 IIC&IIIC, Arri 535A&B, Arri BL, Mitchell BNC, Aaton 16, Arri 16 SR1&SR2, Bolex 16mm, CP-16, Scoopic, GSMO, Éclair NPR 16mm, Panasonic DVX100, HVX200, DVCPRO, Varicam, HDX900, Sony HDCAM, Canon GL1&GL2, XL-H1, XL1, Sony DSRPD170&570, HVR-A1, EX1, FX1000, Red One, EX3
- 35mm flatbed editing and sound reel editing. Post production systems like Final Cut pro, red cine, and color, Telecine and Digital Intermediate technologies and processes, Lighting for Steadicam and Jib/Crane shots, Green Screen lighting, Filters, Gear and Fluid Heads, Swing Shift lenses, Anamorphic lenses, Follow Focus Operation, 35mm lens adapters, Variable Speed shooting, Altered Shutter Angles, Dolly Operation, Ramping, Cross Processing, Skip Bleach , etc.
- Kino Flo lights, Dedo lights, Fresnel 100W- 10K lights, Open Face lights and lenses, HMI lights and Ballasts, Chimeras, Egg Crates, China Balls, General stands including Combo, High Rollers, C-Stands, and Crank stands, Experience with Wall mounting on sets and location using tools such as C-Clamps, wall plates, and Mafers, Stage Rigging, large frames for outdoor shooting, Diffusion and Gels, Cukes, Generators, and distribution.